Finally it feels like my hard work is paying off! (the picture was
taken on the weekend when we went out for dinner with our little man)
GOALS FOR 12 WEEK POST BABY BLITZ CHALLENGE
– Lose 10kg (5kg to reach pre-pregnancy weight)
– Lose 60cm from various sites
– Run 10km
– ENJOY THE JOURNEY, BE CONSISTENT, TRAIN HARD, EAT WELL BUT STILL ENJOY LIFE
TRAINING LAST WEEK:
1 X 6km TEMP JOG
1 X RUNNING INTERVAL SESSION
1 X BIKE INTERVAL SESSION
1 X 5KM JOG/WALK with the pram
3 X WEIGHT SESSIONS
Another ok week. Not perfect but pretty consistent. I’ve discovered
that I can still make good progress without feeling deprived and I’ve
actually been enjoying the process.
Generally my eating is excellent during the week and then a bit more
relaxed on the weekend. Instead of having one very large treat meal
I’ve been including a few more smaller treats and it seems to keep me
sane. I actually think I end up eating less calories overall than having
a bigger treat meal that can turn into a pig out session.
I did have one day where I couldn’t eat at all as I was sick in
Adelaide and couldn’t eat ANYTHING which is very unlike me. I think I
had a reaction to some local anesthetic I had and felt like death for a
couple of days.
I’ve also discovered an Iphone Application “My Fitness Pal”(thanks
Hilary) it helps me to track my calories and truly see what I’m doing. I
don’t do it every day but it does help to keep me on track when I need
to know exactly how much I’m consumming.
WEIGHT LOSS: .9kg
MEASURMENTS LOST: 7CM (over two weeks)
THINGS I’VE LEARNT ALONG THE WAY!
– You can make some great changes and still enjoy life simply by
controlling your portions, being consistent and not going overboard.
– Motivation doesn’t just happen or appear when you want it to
instead you just need to get off your butt and make things happen!
-Having a baby doesn’t mean you need to stay fat. It’s your choice
if you want to change and it just means putting in some hard work.
– You can still train regularly with a young baby but you need to set things up so you can work out at home.
– Lack of sleep makes life so much harder and is the real cause of those sugar cravings!
– It takes a good 10 weeks before the big changes are noticible.
– Consistency is the key
– It’s sometimes wise to ignore everyone who tells you that you
don’t need to change and instead focus on doing the things that make you
– That I LOVE EXERCISE as it makes me feel so much better.
Well that’s enough for one post. I’m feeling good at the moment even
after a slightly induldgent weekend. So it’s time to really get stuck
into things and make the most of my final 2 weeks.
The thought of posting my before and after pics is enough to get me
back on track and really see what I can achieve over the next 2 weeks!!!
Have a fabulous week.