This week Hannah has found us a great recipe from iquitsugar.com
- 2⁄3 cup (150g) bacon (look for one without added sugar or artificial flavourings and colourings)
- 3-4 cups (600g) grated zucchini (about 3 medium sized)
- 2 small brown onions
- 8 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups (140g) raw almond meal
- 1/3 cup (75g) macadamia nut oil
- 1 small red chilli, finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F and line a 15 x 30 cm (6 x 12 inches) dish with baking paper.
- Dice the bacon and fry over high heat until brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, wash and grate the zucchini and onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then stir through the almond meal.
- Add the zucchini, onion, oil, chilli and pre-cooked bacon and mix well. The mixture should be just pourable.
- Pour into the lined baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to cool before slicing into small squares. The slice should last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and will also freeze well.
Thanks to iquitsugar.com for another great recipe!