Clean coconut and almond cookies
- 1 cup fine desiccated coconut
- ½ cup ground almonds (almond meal)
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (room temp)
- 4 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger & nutmeg
- 50 grams dark chocolate (melted)
- Flaked almonds
- Process all ingredients except the dark chocolate and ground almonds in a food processer – or mix by hand until a sticky dough forms.
- Form 6/7 balls of same size and press into flat round cookie shape.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 12-15 minutes or until edges ae golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack to fully cool. Melt dark chocolate and once the cookies are cooled. Dip half in the chocolate and decorate with flaked almonds
Thanks to Sweetashoney.co for this recipe!