- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (aka desiccated coconut)
- 1/3 cup dried pitted Medjool dates (about 3 larges), chopped
- 1/4 cup goji berries, chopped
- 3 tbsp chia seeds (white or black variety) –
- 1/3 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds (aka pepita)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey (you can also use rice malt syrup)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 360F – 180C. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper (I used a 9-inch – 22cm pan similar to this one)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, dates, goji berries, chia seeds, pepitas and cinnamon.
- In a small pot, combine coconut oil, honey and maple syrup in a small pot. Heat on low until melted and pour over dry ingredient.
- Stir until dry ingredients are well coated. Transfer to lined pan and press mixture very firmly. Make sure it’s as compact as possible. Smooth surface using the bottom of a cup so it’s nice and even.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool. Set aside in the fridge for at least two hours before removing from the pan and cutting into bars. Store in the fridge to make sure they hold their shape.
Thanks to notenoughcinnamon.com for this recipe